Management - Policy and Compliance
Management of policies and ratification ensures a healthy business. We can provide information, support and general policy examples to keep you on track with your wide ranging responsibility of managing your establishment.
A hazard is something that is likely to cause harm. A risk is the likelihood that a hazard will cause harm in combination with the severity of injury, damage or loss that might foreseeably occur. We provide general risk assessments that you can adapt, and add to to ensure you are identifying hazards, evaluating the risk and then either eliminating or controlling the risk to an acceptable level.
We will support you through this process, ensuring you are to be compliant with various regulations and acts, criminal and civil law.
- detailing the latest health and safety requirements for educational visits and on-site activities, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and associated acts and regulations, explaining how this affects schools and governing bodies
- current legislation related to adventure activities, including an assessment of the companies offering school visits and assistance in meeting compliance with the requirements of the Adventure Activities Licensing Regulations 2004 and AALS
- responsibilities and categorisation of on-site activities, higher risk curriculum activities and higher risk visits
- providing specific policy advice and recommendations for the school and governing body, to enable staff to plan and lead specific visits and on-site school activities
- access to resources, advice notes, management checklists, template generic risk assessments updated in line with new legislation to enable compliance, and meet best practice
- guidance of reporting requirements under RIDDOR (The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995)
- audit of food hygiene and associated policy documents, risk analysis and records for legal compliance
- provision of general information and policies to support governors’ compliance with legislation